Your Ad Here

The Radish Spirit


You would've mistaken me for a pig this morning, had you been strolling underneath my fire escape. I literally squealed with delight when I noticed a little green shoot poking its head out of the soil in the pot on my fire escape. Its been SIX days since I sowed my first radish seeds, and I counted four green shoots in total. I guess the seed packet wasn't kidding when it said that radishes are the vegetable of choice for young farmers. Which is good for me since I'm a newbie to the whole gardening thing myself. According to The Backyard Homestead radishes like "cool weather, constant moisture, and uninterrupted growth" (see Sources for citation information.) Originally I was sure that I would have to start over after my seeds were drowned on Monday, but I guess the little dip + the cool weather = growing radishes!
Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Twitter
Facebook